A written text on a particular subject which contains explanation, note, discussion, exercise and sample answers to help student better understanding on the subject.
- Each module or manual application must through department/faculty.
- Each book is conform to the subject syallabus and reading instructional.
- Textbook can be written by minimum of two (2) writers.
- The minimum chapters is seven (7) chapters.
- Not more than (3) editors are allowed in a textbook.
- Editor(s) is responsible for 5C, editing, compiling, formatting, ensuring completeness of manuscript and accordance to UTP Press Writing Guidelines before submission to UTP Press.
- Reference list/bibliography as backmatters.
- Exercise and problem solving sample are advisable to comprise in the writing.
- This guideline has been developed that can be applied to writers in writing manuscript accordingly to the standard of an academic book.
- Scholar book is defined as a written manuscript based on research, experiment, scholar literature or standard practice which can be applied in its discipline.
- The book content must consist of,
ii. Writer(s) name
iii. Table of Content
- Scholarly book genres are;
- Authored book
- Chapter Book
- Edited Book
- Writer is advisable to follow;
- Writing is in British English in MS Word format.
- Typing in 1.5 spacing with Times Roman typeface in 11 points size or Arial typeface in 10 points size.
- File margin text are one (1) inch on top, bottom, right and left.
- Every chapter is written in the separate file.
- Any illustration, graphic, figure or any kind of support material has to be in jpeg. or tiff.Format and numbered consistently at the bottom. The source file for jpeg or tiff, are advised to enclose instead of the embedded in MS document.
- Table or chart must be in original software and numbered on top.
- Equations and formula are written in math software should be attached.
- Picture or illustration from the web does not encourage.
- The minimum number of pages is 120 excluded appendixes and references.
Click here to see full general guidelines.
Click here to submit new publication proposal.